Job Title: Computer Vision Specialist/Engineer
Job Location: Ajax, ON
Job Field: Engineering
Employment Type: 12-month contract
Besnovo (formerly BRIC Engineered Systems) is a leading system integrator in industrial robotics and automation and has a track record of developing sophisticated robotic solutions and systems for the aerospace, automotive, and advanced manufacturing industries. Besnovo’s robotic and automation products have been successfully deployed for worldwide customers, include the US Air Force and leading aerospace companies.
Besnovo is seeking an experienced computer vision engineer/specialist to lead the research and development of state-of-the-art 2D & 3D sensing algorithms and systems for industrial robotic, laser de-coating, and robotic painting applications.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Technology Officer at Besnovo and will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop aircraft laser de-coating and robotic painting systems.
• Select and evaluate 2D and 3D sensors to meet the requirements of industrial robotics, laser de-coating and robotic painting applications.
• Develop and test 2D/3D vision algorithms and systems for 3D reconstruction, contour following, and anti-collision applications for industrial robots.
• Develop and implement vision-based sensing and feedback algorithms to monitor and analyze paint status on aircraft and integrate such systems into a closed-loop laser de-coating and robotic painting control system.
• Travel may be required for system testing and commissioning.
• Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Robotics or related fields.
• Expertise and hands-on experience in developing and implementing 2D and 3D vision systems for robotic applications.
• Experience in developing algorithms applicable for depth sensing, 3D reconstruction, motion-tracking systems.
• Experience related to machine learning techniques applied to computer vision and multispectral imaging
• Strong programming skills in C++ and software development skills for image and point cloud processing applications.
• Understanding of fundamental concepts of electrical engineering, industrial robotics, and industrial laser
• Shows professionalism and has strong verbal and written communication skills and a self-starter working in an entrepreneurial environment.
How to apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Besnovo Inc. is committed to accessible employment practices which are compliant under AODA and support equal opportunity. If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources at email@example.com . All personal information is collected under the authority of PIPEDA.