Job Title: Materials & Process Specialist
Job Location: Ajax, ON
Job Field: Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Besnovo (formerly BRIC Engineered Systems) is a pioneer in robotic laser de-coating technology and an expert in complex and intelligent robotic technologies. Besnovo has a track record of developing highly-automated robotic laser de-coating solution for the aerospace and other industries. The successful candidate will work with laser and material experts within the Engineer Department to develop efficient and safe laser de-coating processes for removing aircraft paint. This position will report to the VP, Operations.
Develop and execute material characterization plans for evaluating the safety of laser-processed aircraft metallic and composite materials
Support the development of an efficient laser de-coating process that is safe for aircraft surfaces
Involve in the development of evaluation criteria for assessing aircraft materials that are processed by laser de-coating
Coordinate research projects and material tests with external parties
Analyze test results and create reports to summarize the results
Order and perform quality inspection of test samples
Travel may be required for material testing at third party sites
- B.Sc or equivalent in Material Engineering, or equivalent, M.A.Sc preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of industrial experience in material engineering, manufacturing, and testing is required.
- Experience and strong knowledge of material characterization techniques such as XRD, EDS, XPS, SEM optical microscopy.
- Strong knowledge of physical and mechanical properties of aluminum, polymer and composite materials.
- Experience in mechanical testing techniques such as fatigue, quasi-static load, fractography, stress and damage tolerant analysis on aluminum and composite materials
- Hand-on materials laboratory experiences
- Knowledge of aircraft surface and structure materials
- Knowledge of heat transfer and thermal analysis
- Experience in failure investigation and analysis
- Knowledge of fracture mechanics and damage tolerant analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player who enjoys working in a vibrant and fast pace environment
How to apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and transcript to: email@example.com.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Besnovo Inc. is committed to accessible employment practices which are compliant under AODA and support equal opportunity. If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. All personal information is collected under the authority of PIPEDA.