Job Title: Mechanical Designer (4-month co-op)
Job Location: Ajax, ON
Job Field: Engineering
Employment Type: Co-op
Besnovo (formerly BRIC Engineered Systems) is a leading system integrator in industrial robotics and automation and has a track record of developing sophisticated robotic solutions and systems for the aerospace, automotive, and advanced manufacturing industries. Besnovo’s robotic and automation products have been successfully deployed for worldwide customers, include the US Air Force and leading aerospace companies.
The successful candidate will report to the CTO at Besnovo and will support the engineering team with various mechanical design and testing tasks.
• Create mechanical designs and drawings according to product requirements
• Convert ideas, concepts, and designs to mechanical drawings by applying CAD solutions
• Perform part, assembly, and sheet metal design using Solidworks
• Program 3D printers to manufacture prototypes of mechanical parts
• Perform engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speed, force, and etc.
• Support the mechanical design team in static and dynamic load tests
• Support the testing of mechanical, electrical, and software modules of industrial robotic systems
• Perform other engineering duties assigned by the CTO
• Student must be working towards or have recently obtained an Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in mechanical design, blueprint reading, GD&T, and SolidWorks
• Hand-on experience in machining and sheet metal forming and fabrication is a plus
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, problem solve and adapt to change
• Self-starter working in an entrepreneurial environment
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
How to apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Besnovo Inc. is committed to accessible employment practices which are compliant under AODA and support equal opportunity. If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org . All personal information is collected under the authority of PIPEDA.