Job Title: Robotic Application Specialist/Engineer
Job Location: Ajax, ON
Job Field: Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Besnovo (formerly BRIC Engineered Systems) is a leading system integrator in industrial robotics and automation and has a track record of developing advanced robotic solutions and systems for the aerospace, automotive, and advanced manufacturing industries. Besnovo’s robotic and automation products have been successfully deployed for worldwide customers, including the US Air Force and leading aerospace companies.
Besnovo is seeking an experienced robotic application Engineer/specialist to lead the development of safety and control systems for industrial robotic applications and to support the integration of industrial robots into large industrial automation systems.
The successful candidate will report to Besnovo’s CTO and will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary engineering team to develop aircraft laser de-coating and robotic painting systems .
• Develop path planning, motion control, and collision avoidance algorithms/software for industrial robot arms for laser de-coating and robotic painting applications
• Develop and implement closed-loop control algorithms by integrating external sensors into industrial robot arms to achieve high-precision motion for complex industrial applications
• Program and manage Besnovo’s FANUC robot arms and related software
• Develop operational procedures and safety measures for robotic systems involving robot arms for industrial applications
• Contribute to R&D programs and support proposal generation processes
• Travel may be required for system testing and commissioning at clients’ site
• B.Sc or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Automation, or equivalent, M.Sc/Ph.D. preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years’ working experience in industrial robot programming and control system design, experience with FANUC robot arms and DPM and DCS options is preferred
• Experience in developing motion planning and path/contour following algorithms for industrial robot arms
• Experience in working with 3D point cloud and programming with the Point Could Library
• Experience in modeling and analysis of dynamic systems, motion control and planning, and computer vision
• Strong programming skills in C++ and software development skills
• Basic knowledge of analysis and design tools of mechanics and electrics
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English
How to apply: Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume and transcript to email@example.com.
Thank you for your application. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Besnovo Inc. is committed to accessible employment practices which are compliant under AODA and support equal opportunity. If you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org . All personal information is collected under the authority of PIPEDA.